April 5, 1992. By decree of Ukrainian President Leonid Kravchuk, the Black Sea Navy was proclaimed Ukrainian.
1995. The first certificate auction took place at the Ukrainian Certificate Auctions Center in Kyiv.
April 6, 1654. The Ukrainian embassy received from Muscovite Tsar Aleksei Mikhailovich an acknowledgement of the conditions on which the Zaporozhzhian Host gave its consent to a protectorate: preserving the political and legal system, social structure, and the army.
1992. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine passed a decision to prepare a multi-volume scholarly and documentary publication on the victims of the repression in Ukraine.
April 7, 1990. The founding meeting of the Union for the Political Independence of Ukraine was founded in Lviv.
1993. The Ministry of Justice of Ukraine registered the All-Ukrainian Union of Local Studies.
April 8, 1990. The International Renaissance Foundation, non-governmental charitable organization, was founded.
1994. The National Bank of Ukraine held its first auction of Russian rubles using the Ukrainian Interbank Currency Exchange.
April 9, 1917. The First Congress of the Unions of Cooperatives of Ukraine began, creating the Central All-Ukrainian Union of Cooperatives.
1921. The Anton Chekhov House Museum was opened in Yalta.
April 10, 1944. In the course of the troops of the Third Ukrainian Front took Odesa.
1996. A system for the wholesale buying and selling of electrical energy was implemented in Ukraine.
April 11, 1987. An address of Crimean Tatars representatives to CPSU Central Committee Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev was made public, insisting on the prompt solution of the problem of the Crimean Tatars repatriation to their historic motherland.
1995. The Council of Directors of the World Bank passed a decision on allotting a $114 million preferential loan for technical reconstruction of Ukraine’s energy system.